Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The Inspectors Raise Hell

Life is a good thing, I am thinking. Today has been a busy day for me. Work was ok, though a bit hectic. I really don't like it when I don't feel like I've been given enough time to prepare for leading a job. But we did well anyway. We actually got some rain, which was nice.

I feel in a very peaceful mood, for some reason. Even though it was a busy day, and I didn't get home until 6:30, I have since replenished by body with food, and my spirit to some degree. I finished The Last Battle, by C.S. Lewis. What a great book. I've been rereading some of the other books in the Chron. Of Narnia, and enjoying them a lot. I enjoy seeing how C.S. Lewis takes the message that he want to convey, and weaves it through the stories so well. It doesn't even seem to be there unless you look for it. Good stuff.

In other news, I've been trying to wrap my fingers around Carefree Highway, by Gordon Lightfoot. A great song, but I just cannot seem to make it sound quite right. And even though I'm generally too lazy to teach my fingers guitar techniques that they have a hard time picking up, I think I'm going to try for this song. Well, tis time I headed bedward...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

I hope that we make lots of time to play music when we're all here for the weekend. It's been way too long since we've all played together. Carefree Highway is an awesome song. I had to listen to it, now that you mentioned it.

8:13 AM, August 25, 2004  
Blogger Rose said...

Just to make you happy, I'll post here again. But, I wasn't neglecting you... You should read your comments more often. Or get them e-mailed to you.

5:57 PM, August 25, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home