Sunday, October 03, 2004

Fast Car

Yup, I’m talking about Kelly’s 1984 Buick LeSabre. It’s really fast. It can actually make it up to 85 MPH on level ground. Really. But no, that’s not my primary subject.

Kelly took me to a Tracy Chapman concert up in Phoenix Friday night. It was a “get out the vote” event. Lots of interesting people and great music. Tracy played lots of good songs, had the audience singing along, etc. Actually, the audience was really enthusiastic, and would clap even before the song was finished, and yell stuff out, etc. I find that pretty annoying, because I wanted to listen to Tracy, not to the sound of two hands clapping. (I could have dealt with the sound of one hand clapping).

Anyway, it was a great concert, and Tracy is now definitely of my “must see” list of artists. She has a great energy and stage presence, as well as a great voice and good material. Good stuff. On the way back, we got off at an exit, and ran into a big deal with a bunch of cops. They were directing cars to turn around, which we dutifully did. We couldn’t see if it was a big accident or what, but there were tons of cops there, so it must have been something big. Or they were just bored…

1 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Awesome! I'd love to hear her play sometime.

Jesse Winchester is playing here soon, but it's in a bar. Stupidness...

1:08 PM, October 04, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home