Sunday, October 03, 2004

The House of Orange

Ok, I’ve had folks asking about my new place, so I thought it might be appropriate to write a bit about it. It’s a small studio apartment, close to where I go to school, and close to where I work. It’s painted very white at the moment (the title was just a decoy). I plan to add plenty of plants and Ghana cloth and such to liven it up. Most of my stuff seems to reasonably fit in the space. I still do have a lot of setting up to do, and I have many things that I probably “need,” like pots, pans, and dishes. But I’m hoping to go low-budget on those, and get some stuff at yardsales, thrift shops, etc. I don’t need much anyhow.

My stove has an oven of reasonable size, suitable for baking foodstuffs. My refrigerator is older, noisy, and needs its thermostat adjusted so the ‘fridge portion of the unit doesn’t freeze water. This freezing could also be attributed to the fact that I have almost nothing in the ‘fridge.

I can see the mountains from where I am sitting at my desk. They are partially obscured by trees, a cell phone tower, and telephone lines, but it’s a better view than my last place. My carpet is non-descript, but fine. My cabinets are painted white, and have rather stiff hinges at this point. My window blinds are new. My closest has quite a bit of space, which I have already managed to fill with lots of junk. I’ve got to get rid of some things… Questions and comments welcome, as always…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home