Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Butterflies

Today I was driving home from a job, and I had a nice little event. I was sort of meditating, in the driving way. Just enjoying the mountains around me, and thinking about stuff. All of a sudden, a big butterfly came right at my windshield. I thought it would certainly splat on the glass, but at the last second it was deflected upward, safely away from the truck.

It suddenly came to me how much life can be like that. You’re going along, and stuff is coming at you at fifty or sixty miles an hour, and it sure looks like you are going to splat on the windshield of some problem on another. Then, you find that in facing the problem, and doing best, you not only survive, you got pushed to a higher place than you were before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home